About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri (JRSI) was established on May 29, 2007, and managed by Universitas Katolik Parahyangan. It is published biannually in April and October. The establishment of this journal aims to provide academicians and practitioners with reliable and impactful scientific literature in the Industrial Engineering area. To achieve this objective, we build an accountable publishing system that includes a double-blind reviewing procedure by qualified reviewers and an expanding of our publication network by collaborations with reputable national and international scholar indexing institution. The most essential to this purpose is the quality of work itself. Therefore, JRSI invites all innovative and insightful works in the discipline to get an assessment and improvement to make sure that it is indeed relevant and impactful in its area and finally be accessible to the public.
Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri is a scientific journal in Industrial Engineering discipline that embraces several areas of work including:
- Data and Analytics
- Decision Analysis
- E-Business and E-Commerce
- Engineering Economy and Cost Analysis
- Human Factors
- Information Systems
- Intelligent Systems
- Manufacturing Systems
- Operations Research
- Production Planning and Control
- Project Management
- Quality Control and Management
- Reliability and Maintenance Engineering
- Safety and Risk Management
- Service Innovation and Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Systems Modeling and Simulation
- Technology and Knowledge Management
Since June 2016 we are a proud member of CROSSREF. The DOI prefix of Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri is 10.26593/jrsi. Therefore, all articles published by Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri will have a unique DOI number.
Peer Review Process
Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri (JRSI) is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal. This statement clarifies the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the Editor-In-Chief, the Editorial Board, the Reviewer and the Publisher (Universitas Katolik Parahyangan). This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
Articles submitted to Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri will be first reviewed by an assigned editor in terms of its formatting standard and relevance to the scope of the journal. After passing this stage, the editor-in-chief will remove the author’s information from the article then assign 2 reviewers from our Mitra Bestari team (reviewer team) based on their expertise to evaluate the article. In this second stage, the quality of the article will be reviewed within 3 weeks in a double-blind system.
The quality aspects that an author should consider in their work are originality, relevance to the discipline, research methodology, benefit/impact in the practice area and scientific development, and writing structure.
Five possible decisions concerning the evaluation stage are accepted with no revision, accepted with minor revision, accepted with major revision, rejected with the likelihood of resubmission, or rejected with no probability of resubmission. An accepted article that needs revision will be re-reviewed by the same reviewers after the author completes and resubmits the revised paper. Evaluation of a revised article will be based on the fulfillment of the previous assessment result. This final evaluation will result in the acceptance or rejection of the article.
Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri is published biannually in April and October.
Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri publish 12 - 15 articles per year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri (JRSI) is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal. This statement clarifies the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the Author, the Editor In-Chief, the Editorial Board, the Reviewer and the Publisher (Universitas Katolik Parahyangan). This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
The JRSI editorial board establishes the ethics of scientific publications in the Journal of Industrial Systems Engineering to maintain the quality of papers and avoid plagiarism in the publishing process. This publication ethics applies to writers, editors, best partners, and journal managers. This publication ethics refers to the ethical provisions of scientific publications established by the Indonesian Science Institute Research Council (Majelis Profesor Riset) Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications.
Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed JRSI journal is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is, therefore, important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the reviewer, the publisher and the society.
Parahyangan Catholic University as publisher of JRSI takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing extremely seriously and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, the Parahyangan Catholic University and Editorial Board will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful and necessary.
- Reporting; the author must provide information about the process and the results of his research to the editor in an honest, clear and comprehensive manner, and keep the research data well and safely.
- Originality and plagiarism; the writer must ensure that the manuscript that has been sent / submitted to the editor is the original text, written by himself, originating from his own ideas and ideas, and not copying the writing or ideas / ideas of others. The author is strictly forbidden to change the reference source quoted to someone else's name. All paper will be checked with similarity software check by JRSI before we publish it.
- Repeat shipping; the author must inform that the manuscript sent / submitted to the editor is a text that has not been sent / submitted to another journal / publication publisher. If there is a "redundancy" of sending the manuscript to another publisher, the editor will reject the manuscript sent by the author.
- Author status; the author must inform the editor that the author has the competence or qualifications in certain areas of expertise that are in accordance with the field of science published, namely librarianship. The author who sends the manuscript to the editor is the first author (co-author) so that if a problem is found in the process of publishing the manuscript it can be completed immediately.
- Wrong writing error; the author must immediately inform the editor if there is an error in the script writing, both the review results and the edits. The writing error includes writing names, affiliations / agencies, quotes, and other writings that can reduce the meaning and significance of the manuscript. If that happens, the author must immediately propose a repair of the manuscript.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; the author must understand the ethics of scientific publications above to avoid conflicts of interest with other parties, so that the text can be processed smoothly and safely.
- Publication decision; the editor must ensure the process of reviewing the script as a whole, transparent, objective, fair and wise. This is the basis of the editor in making decisions about a script, rejected or accepted. In this case, the editorial board acts as a script selection team.
- Publication information; the editor must ensure that the guidelines for the writing of scripts for the authors and other interested parties can be accessed and read clearly, both printed and electronic versions.
- Distribution of peer-reviewed scripts; the editor must ensure the reviewer and manuscript material for the review, as well as inform the provisions and review process of the script clearly to the reviewer.
- Objectivity and neutrality; the editor must be objective, neutral and honest in editing the manuscript, regardless of gender, business side, ethnicity, religion, race, class, and nationality of the author.
- Confidentiality; The editor must keep every information well, especially related to the author's privacy and the distribution of the manuscript.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; editors must understand the ethics of scientific publications above to avoid conflicts of interest with other parties, so that the process of publishing the script goes smoothly and safely.
- Objectivity and neutrality; The reviewer must be honest, objective, unbiased, independent, and only side with scientific truth. The process of reviewing the script is carried out professionally, regardless of gender, business side, ethnicity, religion, race, class, and author's nationality.
- Clarity of reference sources; the reviewer must ensure that the source of the reference / quotation of the manuscript is appropriate and credible (can be accounted for). If errors or irregularities are found in the writing of the reference / quote source, the reviewer must immediately inform the editor to make improvements by the author in accordance with the records of the reviewer.
- Peer-review effectiveness; The reviewer must respond to the manuscript that has been sent by the editor and work in accordance with the predetermined peer review (maximum 2 weeks). If you need additional time in reviewing the script, you should immediately report (confirm) to the editorial secretariat.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; The reviewer must understand the ethics of scientific publications above to avoid conflicts of interest with other parties, so that the process of publishing the script goes smoothly and safely.
Journal Manager Ethics
Decision-making; The manager of the journal / editorial board must describe the mission and objectives of the organization, especially those relating to the establishment of journal policies and decisions without any interest.
Authors who publish with on JRSI agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
The Journal allow the author(s) to hold the copyright and to retian publishing rights without restrictions.
Plagiarism & Retraction Policy
Editorial Board of Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri Editorial board stand firm and believe that plagiarism is not acceptable. JRSI use iThenticate detection software (web based) to check the similarity and plagiarism before we publish the article online.
When plagiarism is identified, the Editor in Chief responsible for the review of this paper and will agree on measures according to the extent of plagiarism detected in the paper in agreement with the following guidelines:
Level of Plagiarism
- Minor: A short section of another article is plagiarized without any significant data or idea taken from the other paper à Action: A warning is given to the authors and a request to change the text and properly cite the original article is made
- Intermediate: A significant portion of a paper is plagiarized without proper citation to the original paper à Action: The submitted article is rejected and the authors are forbidden to submit further articles for one year
- Severe: A significant portion of a paper is plagiarized that involves reproducing original results or ideas presented in another publication à Action: The paper is rejected and the authors are forbidden to submit further articles for five years.
The Editor of JRSI is responsible for maintaining the list of authors subjected to penalties and will check that no authors of a submitted paper are on this list. The Editor Team of JRSI will consider to retract a paper that already published in JRSI if :
- There is a clear evidence that the paper content a misconduct (e.g. data fabrication) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error)
- the findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper cross-referencing, permission or justification (i.e. cases of redundant publication)
- it constitutes plagiarism
- it reports unethical research
- The mechanism of retraction follows the Retraction Guidelines of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) which can be accessed at https://publicationethics.org/
Jurnal Rekayasa Sistem Industri (JRSI) was established in May 29, 2007 and managed by Universitas Katolik Parahyangan.
JRSI UNPAR accredited on DIKTI - SINTA 3 since May 29th, 2020